(1)400 means that, on average, post 8 wins 4.00 times per game
when post 8
wins. 55 means that, on average, post 8 loses 0.55 times per game when post 8 loses.
(2) For example, if the sample size for fours games where post 8 wins all four
times were as follows : 4-0 , 4-0, 4-1 4-1, this would indicate that post 8 wins 4.0 times per game and loses 0.50
times per game, on average.
(3)I then input into a Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheet into column A the number
4.0 and into column B the number 0.55
(4) I then tally all the times that team "X" has scored over a number of
performances and all the times that team "X" has lost over a number of performances
(5) The reason I do not use a single rating in the spreadsheet is that a single rating does not indicate the
NUMBER OF TIMES THAT A POINT WAS PLAYED BY THAT TEAM
(6) I am sure that a single result for that post could be inputted either manually or automatically into a database and then that database would
would break down the result into two constituent parts for later summation
(7) For example, "WP8", indicating
win by post 8 is inputted into the database and then the database automatically breaks down the "WP8"
into its two constituent parts such as 4.00 and 0.55 for later summation.
(8) This cannot be done by a spreadsheet alone as far as I know.
(9) It will probably have to be done by a combination database/ spreadsheet
(10) Does anyone know the best way to do this?